Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Veggie Turkey

My daughter's Kindergarten class is having a Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow. It's potluck style, and all the parents were assigned an item to bring. My mom had sent a picture of a turkey made out of vegetables to me several weeks back, and I knew I wanted to duplicate it for this school lunch. I emailed the teacher and requested to be assigned veggies, and was so excited to make our own Vegetable Turkey!
I started with lettuce leaves as the turkey feathers, and then layered a variety of colorful raw veggies on top. This one has broccoli florets, baby carrots, red bell pepper, olives and cucumber. The face was made with the end of a cucumber, olives for eyes, a carrot beak, and a slice of red pepper for the wattle (yes, that's what it's called - I googled it). The tops of celery sticks were used for the legs and feet.



Do you have any creative food art that you like to do for the holidays? Leave a comment or send me an email and picture of what you have done in the passed. MOST CREATIVE THANKSGIVING FOOD ART WILL WIN A COPY OF FAMILY FUN SUPER SNACKS, which is loaded with fun, healthy snack ideas for kids. The deadline to enter is Wednesday, November 27th at midnight. I will announce the winner on Black Friday. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment